The MiG-29SMT aircraft is a fundamental upgrading of the original MiG-29 aircraft which is the multi-role fighter of "4+" generation with avionics open architecture and continuously enhanced nomenclature of high precision weapons.
The MiG-29SMT aircraft is in serial production since 2004 and is supplied to customers. The RAC "MiG" also upgrades the aircraft previously supplied to a number of Customers into the MiG-29SMT type.
The MiG-29SMT main features:
– Modern high precision weapons of "A-S" class are included into the weapons nomenclature. It is provided for the weapons nomenclature enhancement during aircraft life cycle.
– The aircraft is equipped with multifunctional multi-mode pulse-Doppler airborne "Zhuk-ME" radar manufactured by "Fazotron-NIIP" Corporation. The radar is provided with a slot antenna array. As compared with the airborne radar of the previous generation the "Zhuk-ME" has enhanced scanning angles in azimuth, twice increased detection range, less weight and higher reliability. The "Zhuk-ME" radar provides for tracking up to 10 air targets with capability of simultaneous firing of 4 targets with missiles.
– The airborne avionics of the MiG-29SMT aircraft is designed following the principle of open architecture on the basis of a mission computer with the data exchange multiplex channel (bus of MIL STD 1553B standard). It allows to install aboard the aircraft the new systems of Russian or foreign origin at the customer’s request.
– The cockpit data display system includes two new wide-screen MFD-10-6 multifunction color displays and realizes the HOTAS conception.
– INS-GPS navigation system is included into the navigation equipment.
– The aircraft is equipped with in-flight refuelling system.
Aircraft can be equipped with ECM system installed in pod. At the customer’s request the MiG-29SMT aircraft can be equipped with the upgraded IRSTS system as well as with radio-stations, navigation equipment and IFF transponders of different types.
According to avionics architecture and weapons nomenclature the MiG-29SMT aircraft is unified with a new generation of the RAC "MiG" fighters family.
The double-seat version of the MiG-29SMT aircraft is called the upgraded MiG-29UB. It has the same avionics structure and identical cockpit data display system composition but it has no radar. The upgraded MiG-29UB aircraft has the same weapons as the MiG-20SMT except for weapons with radar homing heads (for training purposes the simulation mode is provided).
For both the MiG-29SMT and upgraded MiG-29UB aircraft the complete set of training means has been developed.
While upgrading the previously supplied aircraft to the MiG-29SMT version the following optional works can be fulfilled:
– aircraft structure reinforcement for the extension of flight hours and service life (depending on the aircraft technical condition);
– increase of internal fuel tanks capacity;
– installation of in-flight refueling systems of different types;
– improvement and/or replacement of some airborne systems;
– repair and transfer to on-condition maintenance.
|Wing span, m||11,36||11,36|
|Take-off weight, kg:|
|- normal||17 000||16 000|
|- maximum||22 000||21 000|
|Maximum airspeed, km/h:|
|- near ground||1500||1500|
|- at high altitude||2400||2230|
|Service ceiling, m||17 500||17 500|
|Ferry range, km:|
|- without drop tanks||1800||1400|
|- with 1 drop tanks||2400||2000|
|- with 3 drop tanks||3000||2600|
|- with 3 drop tanks and one single in-flight refueling||more than 5000||-|
|Engines||RD-33 ser.3||RD-33 ser.2(3)|
|Take-off thrust, kgf||2x8300||2x8300|
|Number of external stations||6||6|
|- middle range||
|- short range||6xR-73E||6xR-73E|
|Built-in air gun, 30 mm||Gsh-301||Gsh-301|
* at application of target designation pod or target external illuminationMujer